Digital impressions not only save your practice money, they provide your patients with an easier, more comfortable procedure since there is no need for traditional impression materials and practically no chair time. Other benefits of digital impressions include:
- Improved impression quality resulting in better-fitting restorations.
- Patients become increasingly engaged in the treatment process being able to view their impression chairside.
- Reduced impression-taking errors
- A scan of the teeth being restored and the bite can be completed in just minutes.
- Electronic storage of impression results in efficient record-keeping and saved space within your office.
- Eliminating the need for traditional impression materials and paperwork results in a greener practice.
Palma Dental Lab accepts the following .stl files:
- Cerec® (Sirona)
- Cadent iTero® (Align Technology, Inc.)
- Trios® (3Shape)
- Lava™C.O.S. and True Definition Scanner (3M™ ESPE™)
Our on-site milling center includes the Arman Girbach Ceramill Motion 2 and Roland DWX-50. The Ceramill Motion 2 was designed exclusively for digital dentistry; with five-axis milling as well as milling and grinding technology for both wet and dry modes, it provides a level of accuracy that creates beautiful restorations and provides the flexibility to seamlessly process all .stl files. The Roland DWX-50 allows us easy integration with both CAD software and scanners and also provides 5-axis milling in dry mode.